Six science fiction short stories written by the author of the Amazon best-selling epic fantasy series Pearseus. This edition includes one extra story, by Amos M. Carpenter. It has repeatedly reached #1 on Amazon since first published.
Although they seem to be concerned with various themes, there are certain passions that run through them. What is the nature of reality; digital and corporeal? Is there more to the world than we can see? How far can we trust our senses? What are the consequences of our actions, and is it possible to change them? And if so, would we simply repeat the same mistakes, or make new ones?
The anthology includes the following stories:
- “Simulation Over“: How far can we trust our senses?
- “For the Last Time“: The law of unintended consequences meets Merphy’s law during a man’s unexpected time travel.
- “The Hand of God“: Nothing has prepared a grizzly veteran for a meeting with his god.
- “I Come in Peace“: an award-winning short story that poses the question: how far would man go to alleviate his loneliness?
- “A Fresh Start“: If we were free to go anywhere in time and space, where would we choose to go?
- “The Sentry“: What is a Sentry to do when the monster that steals away his family’s most precious possessions reappears?
- “Big Bang“: A friendly game turns into much more in this short story written by Amos M. Carpenter.
Humorous and poignant, these short stories are exciting, intriguing and imaginative.